Who Are You?
You’re a very experienced developer comfortable designing and operating high-transaction-volume systems. You're ready to manage people, but right now you’re comfortable writing code day-to-day. You're excited to build the systems needed and then hire the team to maintain and improve them.
You value reliability more than novelty, but you’re willing to experiment with new tools and frameworks on smaller projects because you like to stay current. You’re strong technically, of course, but you also understand people. Most of all, you understand how to align engineering objectives with business goals.
We’re seeking a VP, Engineering to lead our software-development processes. Responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with stakeholders across the company to develop a vision and roadmap,
- Setting quarterly and annual priorities based on the roadmap,
- Developing and communicating an overall architectural approach,
- Owning day-to-day decision-making for systems design, architecture, tooling, and deployment,
- Implementing automation processes including continuous integration,
- Troubleshooting problems as well as identifying in advance technology issues that may cause trouble down the road, and
- Recruiting, managing, cultivating, training, and coaching a top-tier, diverse engineering team that maintains strong software engineering practices.
Currently, core services are written in Python, PHP, and Ruby on Rails. Most apps run on AWS. Among the AWS tools and services we use: CloudFront, DynamoDB, Elastic Beanstalk, EC2, Lambda, OpsWorks, RDS, Redshift, and S3. Some of the other tools and services we use: Chef, Git, Grunt, Codeship.io, New Relic, Heroku, SemaphoreCI, and Fastly. But we’re not dogmatic about which tools we use, and we hope you aren’t either.
Work with SpokenLayer and you'll be surrounded by a close-knit team of smart, accomplished people who value cooperation and communication. We're looking for people who have a passion for audio, storytelling, and changing the media landscape.
$125K – $150K
0.25% – 0.5%